Our client is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world.
We are seeking a custodian to join our team full time!
Job Location: Richmond Hill, Elgin Mills/Bayview
Responsible for performing general cleaning duties inside and outside of client facilities as assigned. Areas inside the building include offices, washrooms, Locker change rooms, Production area, Warehouse and Laboratories. At the Etobicoke site, the buildings include the Engineering Site Office.
Outside the buildings, in winter, operate the snow blower and ice melter spreader, in conjunction with manually keeping the walkways, exits and entrances clear of ice and snow.
Clean offices which include dusting and polishing furniture, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing walls and windows. Remove garbage and recycling from the centralized areas.
Clean washrooms and change rooms and replenish supplies. (soaps, paper towels, hand cream, etc.)
Clean warehouse floors, shelves, walls and where applicable, any marks on the floor from the forklift wheels.
- GMP areas (Production, Packaging)
Clean the Good manufacturing Practices (GMP) areas, which include washing walls, stairs, ceilings and floors. Clean pails and drums and replenishing supplies.
Clean the cafeteria, including the food preparation area, freezers, coolers and storage areas. Remove Garbage and recycling materials as needed. Maintain coffee brewers as required.
- Clean the Laboratory and replenish supplies as required.
- Clean the Controlled Substances/CT vault and walk in refrigerator.
- Dispose of all garbage and recycling following proper procedures.
- Operate various cleaning machines including floor polisher, vacuums and floor scrubbing machines.
- Operate the compactors.
- Utilize standardized cleaning agents as trained.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, (cGMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and established safety standards (SWP).
- Work as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirement.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education;
- The ability to lift 50 lbs;
- Good command of the English language (ability to read, write and understand English);
- Good oral communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Previous cleaning experience preferred;
- Physically fit
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Our client offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation