Our client is hiring a full time permanent CNC Grinder Operator. We are seeking an experienced candidate to join a great team of professionals in Milton.
We offer lucrative benefit packages along with competitive salary rates.
Location: Georgetown, ON
Shift: Rotating Days and Afternoons
Successful candidates for this role are responsible for set up and operations of multiple CNC Horizontal Lathes equipped with two spindles and live tooling to perform machining operations on parts from bar stock and/or castings.
In this role, the CNC Lathe Machinist – Advanced is responsible for machining a quality product that meets company and customer expectations, while maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. The incumbent has demonstrated experience machining components to tight tolerances and is familiar with working independently on CNC programs.
- On site gym
- Benefits package (dental/health/vision/life insurance)
- Permanent full time position
- Growth opportunities/training courses and certifications
- Opportunities to become a licenced Machinist
- Flexible and positive working environment
- Internal senior roles available (Programmer, Engineer, Designer)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Determine machining requirements, dimensional specifications, and set up requirements from programs, process sheets and blueprints;
- Perform set up and operation of the Grinder
- Select, preset and install live tooling in tool posts, turrets or indexing heads and automatic tool change magazine as required by the sequence;
- Load CNC Program into machine control;
- Write and edit programs, select and prepare tooling and grind tools to size, as required;
- Mount materials between centres, in the chuck, collet or to the faceplate;
- Ensure effective production of quality parts by completing in-process and final checks using gauges and measuring equipment;
- Complete first run inspection and complete spot checks for conformance to specifications;
- Observe numerical displays on control panel and compare with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates and speeds or machining cuts;
- Edit program to optimise and/or correct machine performance;
- Ensure that all machining tasks are completed in accordance with specified run times;
- Evaluate job package and organize material for next run during automatic controlled cycles to decrease changeover time;
- Coordinate operation of additional machines during controlled machining cycles;
- Provide valuable input to programmers that may require assistance with tool selection, paths, methods etc;
- To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and with little supervision.
- Individuals must have a High School Diploma, with a minimum of three (3) year experience and/or training in a precision machining environment.
- Completion of a General Machinist Apprenticeship would be helpful, but not required.
- The incumbent has experience machining components to tight tolerances (5 microns) and can work independently.
Please submit your resume for review. Successful candidates will be contacted.